New Hires Bring Expertise in Product Development, Disruptive Innovation, QA, Global Procurement, and Consumer Product Distribution
April 23, 2018 — Newtown, PA – The Spearhead Group is pleased to announce the addition of six new hires in key strategic areas of the business, including: Vianney Becerril as product development manager, Dr. Shekhar Mitra as advisor on disruptive innovation, Ray DeCarlo as strategic packaging advisor, Tom Harney as quality assurance advisor, Chris Kegan as head of global strategic procurement, and Jessica Shvartsband as executive assistant.
The Spearhead Group was launched earlier in 2018 to pioneer Physical Brand Enhancements that effectively strengthen brand identity, inspire customer loyalty, and increase profitability across a variety of product sectors and consumer industries.
New Hires Cover a Wide Range of Expertise in Executive Leadership:
- Vianney Becerril was hired as Product Development Manager to oversee production costs and project timelines. Previously, Vianney worked in product development and procurement in both the U.S. and Mexico for more than 10 years. Vianney’s focus and unique skill set will help Spearhead meet and exceed quality, design, and budget goals for clients.
- Dr. Shekhar Mitra joins The Spearhead Group’s Advisory Board after an extensive career at Procter & Gamble where he served as Senior Vice President, Research & Development, Global Prestige, Beauty and Corporate Fragrances & Flavors. While at P&G, Mitra led the global innovation strategy and capability growth for P&G with the start-up of Beijing, Bangalore, Rio, and Africa innovation hubs. Mitra also personally holds more than 50 patents. At Spearhead, he will provide exclusive guidance on disruptive innovation, while advising on the development of transformational ideas and business creation, and innovation strategy.
- Ray DeCarlo joins Spearhead as a Strategic Packaging Advisor. A graduate of Rutgers University with a BS in engineering, Ray has more than 35 years of experience in high-end, value-added packaging sales, with extensive experience in paperboard and plastic folding carton sales, thermoforming and rigid boxes. In his new role, Ray will interact with clients as a consultative salesperson, while leveraging relationships and knowledge of converting capabilities and trends to guide his clients on how best to achieve their graphics and functional targets. Ray maintains an active involvement in various industry organizations including, CIBS (Cosmetic Industry Buyers and Suppliers) and The NJPEC (New Jersey Packaging Executives Club).
- Tom Harney brings a focus on creating new client relationships and growing existing business to the Spearhead Advisory Board. His expertise in quality assurance and compliance help to highlight The Spearhead Group’s commitment to excellence. Tom also brings a wealth of knowledge regarding testing protocols, factory audits, inspections, new and upcoming regulatory requirements, and his clear sense of supporting continuous improvement is unsurpassed in the QA industry. Tom will help guide customers in making better business distribution decisions and ensuring compliance with global partners. Tom is certified in ASQ/CQA, CMI, CQT and is an ISO 9000 Lead Assessor, he is also proficient in ASTM, CFR, AATCC, ANSI, CHPA, FDA, ANSI/ASQ Z1.4, BIFMA, and ISTA standards.
- Chris Kegan joins Spearhead as Global Strategic Procurement Advisor. With more than 25 years of expertise in transforming organizations to bring greater value via strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, and risk management, Chris will drive innovative thinking within a collaborative, entrepreneurial atmosphere. With over 11 years in various procurement roles at Diageo and over 4 years at Beam Suntory, Chris is widely recognized as an adaptive change agent with a proven track record of transforming business performance with his results-oriented & inspirational leadership. Throughout his career, Chris has driven collaborative new product development by leveraging the supplier base, developing core processes and driving continuous improvement with his expertise in glass bottles and primary packaging.
- Jessica Shvartsband joins Spearhead as executive assistant to the CEO and President where she is responsible for client relations, project management, and ensuring positive business outcomes. Previously in her career, Jessica spent more than a decade managing complex schedules for C-level executives at various global companies.
“Spearhead selectively hires leading industry visionaries who are experienced in a particular area of the Physical Brand Enhancement development process in a way that will advance our goal of becoming the global leader in Physical Brand Enhancements. The timing of our company launch dovetails perfectly with the industry’s collective desire for a more modern, cutting-edge approach to enhancing the buying experience among consumer audiences,” said Co-founder and CEO, Heather Fritzsche. “We are fortunate to count these talented industry leaders among as Spearhead’s strategic management team, and look forward to revolutionizing the Physical Brand Enhancement process across the world.”
Though headquartered in Bucks County, PA, The Spearhead Group employs and works with professionals, advisors, suppliers, and others from around the globe who are experienced in delivering a modern, full-service, consultative approach for clients from concept to reality.
With more than 45 years of collective experience designing and delivering memorable Physical Brand Enhancements that make a lasting impact, we understand the importance of a customer’s connection to a particular brand.
Companies choose The Spearhead Group because they know we are invested in all aspects of the process. We bring a unique and personable approach to each and every brand we represent and work towards ensuring ROI on PBE activities.