For our Spearhead Family post this month we are highlighting Fran Rosenbaum, Quality Assurance and Quality Control Specialist at The Spearhead Group. Fran joined Spearhead in July 2020. Fran shares more with us about joining The Spearhead Group and what inspires her to work on innovative projects.
Tell us about why and when you joined The Spearhead Group.
Fran: I joined the The Spearhead Group in July of 2020 and I am so excited to share that I am celebrating my one-year work anniversary! Before joining the team, I was looking for a new challenge with a company that focused on innovation, inclusion, and women in leadership roles. Having previously worked along side Heather and Robert, I knew that joining this team would be rewarding and welcoming!
Tell us a little more about your background and what excites/inspires you to work on innovative projects on the logistics side?
I worked in the textile industry for 10+ years, prior to joining a quality team where I managed production, tested/evaluated products, and assisted in logistics coordination to ensure customer satisfaction. Currently, I enjoy working on the Spearhead Quality Team with Tom Harney where we create testing plans and work collaboratively with the sales team on new projects. What really excites me about the Quality Team is the Spearhead Innovation Lab. Though challenging, it’s fun to get creative on problem sol
ving and adapting the equipment for our needs. It’s my goal to add value to every projects I work on. In my short time with The Spearhead Group, it’s been exciting to see the company’s vision come to fruition and I can’t wait to see what we do next.
The Spearhead Group has 5 core values (1. Focus on Sustainability and Diversity; 2. Innovative Thinking; 3. Do the Right Thing; 4. Acts with Equal Respect for Clients, Colleagues and Suppliers; 5. Go the Extra Mile with Entrepreneurial Spirit). How do you practice these values?
- Focus on Sustainability: Adapting to in-house testing, our goal is to reduce testing costs, get immediate results, and have the flexibility to run consecutive testing for quicker communication with our clients. I think it’s important to work for a company that looks for new ways to not only improve business functions, but also help the environment.
- Innovative Thinking: The Quality Team is all about innovation! We are constantly looking for new ways to improve testing, communication, and production for our clients. We work collaboratively to create new procedures to meet our high expectations.
- Do the Right Thing: Transparency is always The Spearhead Group’s top priority when working with clients. It encourages trust through communication to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our partners.
- Respect: Respect is something I always value. Appreciating everyone’s time, experience, contributions equally and trust that together we can meet and exceed our goals.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: I have entrepreneurial spirit by helping the company grow as a whole. I think having a collaborative team that shares and creates is the main reason The Spearhead Group has been so successful. Having innovation and creativity feeds into the goal of being the leaders in primary packaging.